1. Information on how to enter & prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
3. To enter the promotion, eligible persons must, within the promotional period, sign at least one new service, add an additional service or complete a contract renewal with Southern Phone Company Ltd (Southern Phone).
4. Employees of Southern Phone Company, associated companies, and agencies associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Entrants must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
5. The major prize winner must have an active phone or internet service with Southern Phone when the competition is drawn. If this entry requirement is not met the winner’s entry will be considered invalid and the Major prize winner will have no further claim. A redraw will be held to award the major prize.
6. If the major prize winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements, the major prize will be forfeited in full, and the winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
7. The competition commences on Monday 25 July at 08:00 AEST and closes on Friday 11 November 2016 at 24:00 AEST (“Competition Period”).
8. The competition will be advertised through Southern Phone: unaddressed mail campaigns including catalogue and direct mail, website and other digital marketing channels.
How to enter
9. One entry will be submitted when an applicant successfully connects a new service with Southern Phone Company. An entry will be submitted if an existing customer adds an additional service to their account. An entry will be submitted if an existing customer renews their contract for another 24 months.
10. Entrants only receive one entry per sale. No additional entries are provided for sales where more than one service is connected.
11. Rejected or incomplete applications will be deemed invalid.
12. New sales and contract renewals must be approved before Friday 11 November 12.00 AEST to be included in the Prize draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the competition period will be entered into the prize draw.
13. The time of entry in each case will be the time that the service becomes active as reflected by the promoter’s database. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
14. Southern Phone reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by Southern Phone to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
15. In consideration for the Southern Phone awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image to be photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation of the prize to appear in connection with Southern Phone Company or the advertising and marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
16. The prize draw will be held on Friday 18 November 2016 at 10.00 AEST at Southern Phone Company Ltd, 6 Page Street, Moruya NSW 2537. The draw will be conducted under the supervision of an independent and authorised scrutineer and the promotors appointed nominee using an approved barrel draw system. The prize winner will be the first valid entry drawn.
17. The major prize winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in writing via registered post. The winner’s details will be published on the Southern Phone Company website at www.southernphone.com.au from Monday 21 November 2016.
18. If required an unclaimed prize draw will be conducted three months after the original draw date, subject to applicable law. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and in writing via registered post within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw and will be published on the Southern Phone Company website at www.southernphone.com.au
19. There will be one (1) major prize winner drawn from all entries received in the specified promotional period, who will win the following prize;
Number of Prizes: 1
Prize Details: Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 1.8L Petrol CVT 5 Door Hatch Glacier White, Dealer Delivery.
AUD Value up to: $20,650
21. The total prize pool is valued at $20,650 (including GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date. All prices stated are in Australian dollars, represent the recommended retail price (‘RRP’) include GST and are subject to change.
22. All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, additional taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner, as incurred. The prize is subject to any additional terms and conditions specified by the prize supplier/s.
23. Prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Prize is not exchangeable.
24. Prize must be claimed within 6 weeks of the draw date. Once the winner has confirmed acceptance of their prize via telephone and registered post, Southern Phone will notify Toyota and arrange for the prize to be supplied to the winner.
25. Prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party.
26. In acceptance of the prize, the winner acknowledges they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
27. The promoter is neither responsible, nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prize.
28. Personal information about the prize winner will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winner.
Exclusion of liability
29. The prize winner is advised that Tax implications may arise from their prize winning and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of the prize. The promotor shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury or death (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Problems affecting competition
30. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any case beyond the control of the promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the completion or invalidate affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required.
31. All entries will be the property of Southern Phone Company. The information entrants provide will be used by Southern Phone Company for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Southern Phone Company may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants and to state and territory gaming authorities and winners names may be published as required under the relevant legislation. The promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. The entrant consents the storage of their personal information on the Southern Phone Company database and acknowledges that this information may be used for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding Southern Phone Company products.
32. All records concerning the lottery, including entries will be kept for a period of twelve months after the determination of the result. These include receipts and disbursements in connection with the lottery. All books, documents and vouchers relating to the lottery.
33. The Promoter is Southern Phone Company Pty Limited, ABN 42 100 901 184 of 6 Page Street, Moruya, New South Wales, 2537.
34. Authorised under NSW permit No. LTPS/16/04919.
35. Authorised under ACT permit No. ACT TP 16/01234