Notification of the collection of personal information
Southern Phone collects personal information such as name, date of birth, contact details, address, email address, phone numbers, occupation, driver's licence number, username/password, financial information (including credit card or bank account details) and information about how and where you purchase and use our products.
Southern Phone may use the information it records:
- For billing and debt collecting purposes
- For credit verification purposes
- To inform you of changes and additions to your Southern Phone services
- To inform you of new Southern Phone products and services
- To provide customer support
- To research the usage of and to develop the capabilities of our services
We might sometimes ask you to supply personal information about other individuals to us such as your authorised representatives. In these cases we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us.
Southern Phone may record information:
- Submitted by you, such as when you enter your details on our website, or when you provide information by telephone or in document form
- Supplied by third parties, such as credit reporting agencies
- From publicly available sources of information
- From our records of how you use your Southern Phone products or services
- When legally required to do so under telecommunications or law enforcement obligations
If we do not collect this information we will be unable to meet your request to purchase services from us or to provide you with ongoing service.
Southern Phone may disclose your personal information to third parties which provide Southern Phone with outsourced functions. These may include, but not be limited to credit checking, billing, debt collection, market research, customer enquiries and mailing systems.
Southern Phone may also disclose personal information to other telecommunications service providers, law enforcement agencies, government agencies (such as the IPND), courts or our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers. We may also disclose information to our wholesale and other customers from or through whom you may acquire products or services.
Some of the service providers to whom we disclose your personal information have operations based overseas. These locations include the USA, the United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, India, Philippines, Ireland, Malaysia and New Zealand.